11 November 2007

Daring Bakers - November

















This is my first challenge int he noble group of crazy bold baking ladies of the world. I won't deny I hope for something at least as delicious and mouth-watering as last month's sticky toffee buns so you can imagine my face when I saw potato bread recipe...

















But I did it and have to say that taste is absolutely gorgeous, not mentioning the bakery smell all around home. I put my favorite pumpkin seeds atop and now have to stand over the loaf with a knife to make sure everybody gets fair share ;)

















OK, there was one failure but as a beginner I feel excused: some glueiness resulting from probable underbaking... My mum blames the oven. Let it be ;)

















This small inconvenience was completely absent in parsley focaccia, that was consumed immediately, still hot, with lots of fresh tomatoes and onion.

















I definitely restored my faith in humble potatoes!!!!

16 Comments:

Blogger breadchick said...

Great looking bread for your 1st Daring Baker Challenge. I love the green carpet of parsley on the focaccia! Welcome aboard Daring Bakers,it's nice to have you along.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Bev and Ollie "O" said...

see now I'm jeolous of how fabulous your bread looks!
well done! ;o)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Julius said...

Congrats on your 1st challenge!

My first loaf was a touch gluey because I cut into it right after baking. It was fine after toasting.

Your focaccia is beautiful.

Julius from Occasional Baker

12:15 AM  
Blogger ... said...

Your bread looks amazing, and those seeds make it POP right off the page. Great job.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Peabody said...

Love the use of the pumpkin seeds.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your breads look marvelous ans super smooth! I particularly like your gorgeous focaccia!

Cheers,

Rosa

1:20 PM  
Blogger April said...

congrats on completing your first challenge! Your bread looks great!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Gretchen Noelle said...

Congrats on your first DB challenge! I love the pumpkin seeds!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jen Yu said...

Very nice bread. Well done! I swear I don't see a hint of glue-i-ness :) Looks awesome.

-jen at use real butter

7:30 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

They both look wonderful! Great job on your first challenge!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

My first attempt was totally gluey, it was like chewing paste! I got it on my second try and I've been baking bread for a while so it's not just a n00b mistake, rest assured!

Wonderful job nonetheless, and the pumpkin seeds are a perfect addition. Very nice and bright focaccia!

Welcome to the DBers!

Christina ~ She Runs, She Eats

3:21 AM  
Blogger creampuff said...

Yayyy! Congratulations on your first DB challenge - you did a great job!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

Awesome first Daring Baker challenge! The parsley focaccia looks amazing!! Welcome aboard!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, how beautiful! Both projects came out wonderfully, and your focaccia especially looks mouth-watering. Congratulations on your first challenge!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Gorgeous looking bread, nice green-topped focaccia!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sheltie Girl said...

Your bread turned out beautifully. I love the look of your focaccia.

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home